- ABOUT THIS POLICY
PEF Capital is committed to upholding the highest ethical and professional compliance standards when protecting the confidentiality, integrity and security of our clients’ personal information. We only collect personal information necessary to develop and supply the best possible services and products to you and in order to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
This policy may be amended from time to time, to account for any changes in our practices or to relevant regulatory and legislative standards.
- YOUR PERSONAL IFORMATION
PEF Capital may collect and use your personal information as defined in the Act.
PEF Capital may collect personal information from you by:
- completed application forms;
- use of our Website and Apps;
- online enquiry forms;
- in person;
- conducting marketing activities;
- from third parties – including your professional/financial advisor or authorised representative; and
- cookies, web beacons or similar technologies.
If we cannot obtain necessary information from you then we may not be able to provide information about nor administer part or all of our services and products to you.
PEF Capital may hold your personal information in physical and electronic storage facilities, both in individual and aggregate form.
Your personal information is used for the sole purpose of better facilitating the investment products and services we provide to you. We will use your information to:
- assess your eligibility for investing in PEF Capital;
- provide, monitor, regulate, evaluate, improve, and otherwise administer our products and services to you;
- communicate with you and any of you authorised third party representatives in relation to your investment;
- provide you access to and services of the protected areas of our Website and App; and
- assist with our administrative, marketing, product and service development.
PEF Capital may be required to disclose your personal information to:
- any related entities of PEF Capital;
- your authorised third party representatives – including agents, and financial/professional advisors;
- our service providers – including those who assist with PEF Capital’s financial services, business operations, compliance and auditing requirements, data storage, security, Website and App development and maintenance, fund administration, insurance, legal, banking, brokerage, payment, and for all other services necessary to conduct the operations of PEF Capital – where such service providers have been engaged our service contracts with them provide that they use your personal information only in connection with those services which they perform for us; and
- third party agencies as required by law, and third party credit agencies where we are required to verify information about your source of funds.
PEF Capital adopts a raft of measures to safeguard your information from loss, interference, unauthorised access, modification, misuse or disclosure. We will always take reasonable steps to protect the privacy and security of your personal information. The Website and App for PEF Capital also delivers login identification and password based security for electronic information security.
As the internet is inherently unsecure you accept that any information communicated to us online is transmitted at your own risk. Third party service providers may be engaged to maintain the security of the information and we are not liable for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
PEF Capital retains personal information for as long as necessary so as to administer our services to you, respond to issues that may arise in the future, and as required by law. Client records are retained for a period of at least 7 years, to allow us to satisfy our obligations under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth). Where personal information is no longer required for any purpose under the Act, we will take reasonable steps to ensure it is destroyed or permanently de-identified.
- ACCESS, CORRECTION AND COMPLAINTS
3.1 Access to your personal information
You may request access to your information by contacting us by phone, email or through our Website or App. Before we provide access, we will need to ensure your identity. There may be costs associated with retrieving your information which we will advise you of as soon as reasonably practicable after the request has been made.
3.2 Correction of your personal information
We will endeavour to ensure your personal information is complete, accurate and up-to-date. Please let us know if any of your details are not accurate or have changed, by contacting the Privacy Officer below.
You may request us to amend any information we have on file for you that you believe is not accurate, and we will consider whether this amendment is necessary.
3.3 Complaints about a breach of privacy
If you believe your privacy has been breached, please contact our Privacy Officer below. Complaints about breaches of privacy should be made to us in writing so that we can be certain as to the particulars of the incident. After evaluating the complaint, we will inform you whether an investigation will take place and an estimated completion date for this process. After enquiries have been made, we will advise you of the outcome of the complaint in writing and invite you to respond. We will then assess any response from you and advise whether the outcome has changed.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can make further enquiries to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner and Australian Privacy Commissioner:
Phone: 1300 363 992
Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
Post: GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
- CONTACTING THE PRIVACY OFFICER
For any queries or concerns about the privacy of your information, please contact our Privacy Officer: Donald Spearritt